Have you been participating in that unwritten contest of 'whoever dies with the most art supplies wins'? Do you have tons of art supplies and even some that you suspect that you will not ever use? I know I do.....I can't stand to throw anything away because just as sure as I do, I will find an article in CPS or Somerset that tells you how to use this supply. But, realisticly, I think I would be happy to know that I don't have that one supply or media because I shared it with someone else in an art supply swap.
In response to this New Year and my need to organize and renew....I have several items I would love to swap. So, that inspired me to sponsor an art supply swap. But, how will I organize it? How will I ensure that everyone who participates is pleased? I can't promise anything but if based on the trust and artist sisterhood system....I think we will all come out well.
Here is how it will go:
- Send me your address email@example.com
- I will pair you up with another participant
- Gather up a regular shoebox full of art papers, fabrics, rubberstamps, (these are just examples), paints, markers, pencils, found objects, whatever you want to share with your art sisters and get it ready to mail.
- I will send you an address of someone to share with. You and that person will swap. So be nice and kind and share well. Remember 'tis better to give than to receive'. Let's make this fun and kind.
- Deadline to sign up is Feb 3rd.
- Must mail by Feb 14th
- Please send me feedback so we can see how this goes.
Happy Art Supply Swap. Can't wait. Fun Fun fun!!!!!! Sign up here!!!!