Sunday, August 31, 2008
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
I already have two lovely ladies lined up for interviews that will appear on the blog very soon. So, keep your eyes open and ready because I can already tell you it will be a treat! Now, I have posted an entry there today to get you started. Please check it out and any input you give is appreciated. I MUST SHARE THIS
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
- Queen of Arts (the other queen) First Place for Quickest Entry! She was so excited to do this challenge that she did not realize she had a week. However, I think she did darn good in such a short time and she was the first entry. I particularly liked the lizard! Thanks Oh Mighty Queen! I'm doing a bow right now.
- Amber at Recycled Realities wins first place for most creative. IT was quite a hard decision but when you read her blog entry for that collection...you will understand since you are also a creative person. hers is the two hands at the bottom holding the objects. Please go and read her entry.
- Renea at Pocket full of Prettys: Wins first place for most romantic and sentimental. Again, you have to go and read her entry on her blog. Hers is the fist pic in the middle row with the angel. Her and her husband have been married over 27 years. They are still so in love! Thanks Renea for sharing this.
- Sarah at Sashibala's Creative Meanderings: gets Fist Place for most inovative. She took her pic while at work with her cell phone. I also loved her little joke about the corporate world. I totally understand Sarah....been there done that! Hers is the pic of thumb tacs.
- Bea at Creative Sandwich: gets First Place for most creative writing. I loved her blog entry for her pic. Her pic was great but I enjoyed her writing and humor. (middle one top row)
- Janet at Lavender Loft: First Place for Hardest Working and Having the MOst real miniatures on hand! Wow! I love all her little things. Thanks Janet for participating and giving us two entries! Love it!
- Jennifer at Jennifer Conway: First Place for Most Inspirational-It just sent me over the edge to see her little gnome and I decided I had to have a fairy house. Thanks Jennifer!
- Dawn at Art of Humogenous Proportions: First Place for most colorful entry. Also, I loved the elf and the spool of thread made me think of my grandma. I love my grandma so much. She was a seamstress for the public. Hugs to Dawn!
- Arlene at Art De Me: First Place for Most Naturally Creative: For sharing her collection of stones/rocks shaped like hearts. I know Renea (Pocket Full of Prettys) will love this collection. Yay Arlene!
- Running With Scissors: Fist Place for Most Exotic and Interesting Collection. I particularly like the Pagoda and then the tin man. that little spiky round thing? Hmmmmmm wonder what that is. We should have a contest to identify that! Heehee
Sunday, August 24, 2008
OK, it was a stretch. But, I was so inspired by the story about the shop keepers in Ann Arbor who have Fairy doors all over the town. I first read about this in a magazine this summer. I believe is was Romantic Homes. Then, I saw the article about Amy Powers in ARTFUL BLOGGING (AUTUMN 2008)-SEE PAGE 96. She created this little fairy world she calls "Club Little House". You can view her blog here at INSPIRECO.
I was so intrigued and I could not stop thinking about how I wanted to create something similiar by my pond. I have so many ideas for it. I need miniatures to create different scenes. I have thought of several little scenarios to set up and photograph. This is all entirely to entertain myself. It does not take much! Heehee
Here is a view of the fairy door and their front dock to the pond. Oh, I hope I can catch them out in their boat or maybe fishing. We will see.
Now, on another note. It is not too late to do the Ten Tiny Things Challenge I posted here. I would love for anyone to participate in this challenge. I need lots of entries so I can create a beautiful mosaic and post it on my blog of all of your creative works! Hugs and Happy Sunday. Oh and thanks so much to Pocket Full of Prettys and Wild Over Wine for promoting the challenge! Love You!
Friday, August 22, 2008
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Remember this challenge continues until Tuesday, August 26th! So, please come on and join the fun. The more the better. So far, we have some very sweet, creative and fun entries. Go and check them out at the Flickr Site.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Meanwhile, don't get hung up on details....just find 10 tiny things. Your definition of "tiny things" is entirely up to you. It just has to be one photo of all of these things. FUN STUFF!!!! Now go find stuff.
Sunday, August 17, 2008
We stayed at the Trade days for about 3 hours just looking and taking it all in. We ate lunch there too. Then, we decided to go and try and find some of Craig's geo sites. We looked and looked for two of them but the GPS thingy was getting mixed up with all the trees and the clouds. We finally found one of them and this is hubby proudly holding it up. Ain't he cute?
We drove home, bought chicken, ate dinner and we all got on our computers like we do. Then, shortly after, I went to bed and slept wonderfully reflecting on my beautiful day with my family. It was truly an awesome day~!
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Thursday, August 07, 2008
I also listed several prints in my store. So you might stop by and take a looksie-the prices are very reasonable I think.
No plans for the weekend other than to work on the room.....yes I know......I keep saying that.......you know how you try to stay focused and you walk by the clay or the paint and you totally start doing art instead of what you were supposed to be doing? Is it just me?
Addendum: Look who is back! Jenn over at Noodle and Lou Studio is kinda getting settled in and I'm so glad. Cant wait to see what she is up to! Welcome back Jenn. Happy Thursday! We are almost there!