Skip to main content

Wabi-Sabi


I wanted to post this newest mixed media piece titled "Wabi-Sabi". For a full definition of Wabi Sabi click on the title of this post. I think it is an interesting concept. This is kind of a contemporary cubism piece done with pencils and inks. I created this today. I hope you can incorporate ideas of Wabi-Sabi into your life.
Remember that nothing is finished, nothing is perfect and nothing is final.....that is Wabi-Sabi.

Comments

Stacey said…
Great! I thought I was perfect and now wabi-sabi went and blew that sky high! xoxo
FAQ said…
Stacey...you are perfect in a wabi sabi kind of way...heehee
Anonymous said…
Thanks Leslie!

An SLR is a single lens reflex camera. It's the kind that requires setting F-stops, shutter speeds, focussing, etc. I LOVE it because I can do so much with it.

Yes, I've been going to Walgreen's and getting not only the photos printed, but having a CD made. I may have to continue doing that until I can get a digital equivalent to the camera I have, which are way too expensive for me right now!

I hope to work on my blog and make it look as nice as yours! I love your site. I just started blogging and have no clue what I'm doing. Stacey, though, is helping me along the way. Slowly but surely...

Kelly
Stacey said…
^Hyperlink, Kelly! Remember? Hyperlinks are your friends...okay, maybe not yours but they're good stuff! Right FAQ?
Hi! I came by to check yur blog and I think it is really cool. Good job!

Popular posts from this blog

Paper Flowers and Fabric Flowers

Well, I'm kind of in a creative funk again. I hate it when this happens! I'm so glad that next weekend I am going to Fredricksberg, TX again to the trade days. I know it will inspire me in all kinds of directions. Meanwhile, while I am trying to get my groove back........I have been making a lot of little short term projects in the paper department. I made this little posey pin from faux vintage post/letters etc papers from the scrapbooking department. I actually wore it yesterday on my jacket. Then I spotted this book on Fabric Flowers by Elizabeth Helene Searle at the fabric store and I had to get it. I used her instructions to make this first fabric flower. I want to try several of her other flowers instructions. Now, what will I do with them? Who knows? Does it really matter if I am enjoying myself? Probably everyone will get fabric or paper flowers for Christmas! Heehee Have a great day.

VILLAGE CLAY WORKS Another Artist Interview

I ran across this wonderful and whimsical artist several weeks ago when her work was featured on Etsy. I have enjoyed looking at her work and I know you will too. Meet Catherine Reece from Northern California. She is a creative woman who has been working in clay for over thirteen years. She was kind enough to let me interview her for this blog. Please enjoy. Tell us about who you are, what do you want to say as a statement about you? My name is Catherine Reece and I live in Dublin, California (just east of Oakland). I am married and a mother of two kids. I have been professionally selling my pottery for 8 years. I was waiting for my husband to graduate from design school and find a job while i worked and played with clay. Over a few years I began to build a small business selling my pottery. MY husband didn't find the job of his dreams and so he joined my in the studio as my partner. Now we make our living as artists selling pottery.I think I am still trying to figure that out. ...

Vintage Findings

My Garage Sale Adventures Yesterday I love Garage Sales. It has become a bit of a habit for me to go to them on Saturday mornings. Do I need anything? NO. Do I know what I am looking for? NO. Do I care? NO! It's the thrill of the hunt! I have to tell you about my findings from yesterdays garage sale adventure. Check out this photo and I will tell you all about it. First, I found the Blue Willow bowl for a quarter. I can't find any cracks or chips. I have always loved blue willow and the story that goes with it. Then, I found the baggy full of vintage jewelry pieces for 50 cents. I went to another garage sale and found the two vintage sewing machines, the little typewriter, and the rotary phone for 12.00! For all of it. The poor sewing machines were covered in dirt, it looks like the owners had left them outside. Poor things. I feel like I rescued them. Isn't that silly? I cleaned them up and posed them for this pic. One will definitely be incorporated into the...