Skip to main content

Happy Mothers Day!

MY MOM's FIRST GRADE PIC


This is a special day that we honor our mothers. I think it is important to have a day for them don't you? The above picture is one of my cherished favorites of my Mom from the first grade, I believe. Without getting all gushy and mushy.......I'm just going to make a list of 20 things that my mother taught me (not in any particular order). Thanks Mama..... I love you with all my heart.


1. We do not hate....we are to love everyone.

2. Less is more...and a little bit goes a long way.

3. Everything in moderation.

4. Saturdays are cleaning day no matter what-first work then play!

5. You can do anything you set your mind to.

6. Always make sure your meals are colorful.

7. Music is a good thing to have in your life. My mom always listened to music and helped me appreciate it.
8. Do not let people run over you.

9. Rolling your eyes at your mother is a bad thing.

10. Reading to your children is a wonderful thing. I will always remember my mother reading to us kids every night before bed. I love to read so much to this day and I know anything I want to know about, I can "look it up" as she used to say. We had encyclopedias and she made us look everything up.

11. Family is important.

12. Love your little sisters no matter how much they annoy you.

13. Laughter is the best medicine.

14. When changing sheets, always put the bright printed side of the top sheet on the inside so that the person in the bed sees it and it makes them cheerful. something like that....

15. Snakes do not have legs.

16. Clouds do not suck up water.

17. Your mother will be here for any crisis....all you gotta do is call.

18. Your mother will love you no matter what. She might not approve....but she will still love you.

19. Mad Money- have mad money ready always.
20. Never go to bed with a mad on. Mama used to have a sign over her bed that said that but I always thought it said "hat" instead of "mad" until she explained it to me in later years. Now I understand.

I would love to see your lists about your moms. Look out, I might tag you with this list. Happy Mother's Day to all. HUGS!








Comments

deb did it said…
you are fabulous. that's all. simply FAB. my blog displays how i feel about my beloved fun loving FAB MOM
What a cute photo. I can see Rhea in this photo! Love you list of 20. Love ya! Renea
Susan said…
Great list. Thanks for the tag, hop over to my place and check out mine. Susan
mom said…
So, you were listening some of the time after all. I just love the way your mind works. I was truly a lucky woman with my three girls.
Lisa said…
oh les..u r the sweetest! i wish i had seen this earlier! such great advice from your mom. i hope my girls will think of me and be greatful for what i have done for them. i think every year they understand a little bit more. you are such a great person! love yu!
Anonymous said…
Sounds like you had a womderful relationship with your mum..

Popular posts from this blog

Paper Flowers and Fabric Flowers

Well, I'm kind of in a creative funk again. I hate it when this happens! I'm so glad that next weekend I am going to Fredricksberg, TX again to the trade days. I know it will inspire me in all kinds of directions. Meanwhile, while I am trying to get my groove back........I have been making a lot of little short term projects in the paper department. I made this little posey pin from faux vintage post/letters etc papers from the scrapbooking department. I actually wore it yesterday on my jacket. Then I spotted this book on Fabric Flowers by Elizabeth Helene Searle at the fabric store and I had to get it. I used her instructions to make this first fabric flower. I want to try several of her other flowers instructions. Now, what will I do with them? Who knows? Does it really matter if I am enjoying myself? Probably everyone will get fabric or paper flowers for Christmas! Heehee Have a great day.

Funky and Proud

Just wanted to say a big thanks to all who responded to the last post. You are all so smart and insightful. I think after much thought and several good conversations with my friends, I feel better about this whole idea. My conclusion, I do many different things that fall under the "mixed media" category...even the jewelry. I have this never ending curiosity and desire to learn new techniques. Whatever I am working on at the moment is satisfying my creative cravings...if not, I don't do it. If I don't enjoy something....I don't do it. It is that simple. The "Funky Art Queen" thing? It occured to me that the people that would be put off by my d.b.a. would be those that most likely would not be drawn to my art in the first place. Thanks again. I just love every one of you. Next blog......not all about me I promise. HUGS

Lost Sole Challenge

childs shoe in front of hs Originally uploaded by Funky Art Queen I'm starting to wonder if I am the only one that sees all these single shoes on the road. This is not the first time I have addressed this isue on my blog . I see at least one single shoe every day on the highway or a street in town. I don't understand where all these shoes come from. Every time I see a shoe on the road, I wonder how it got there.?.....I wonder what story goes with the shoe. If it is a childs shoe like this one, I wonder if a mother is going crazy searching the house for this shoe? Why just one shoe and not the pair of shoes?! I see shoes on the road all the time. They are just not always in the most convenient places for photographing. But, on occasion, these single shoes are in a location that I feel comfortable enough to stop and photograph them. The particular shoe was spotted in front of the Big Spring High School on 11th place. It was late evening in the summer so I felt very comfortable in