Skip to main content

Day Trip to Fredricksburg

Yesterday was one of the funnest days I've had in a long time. We have planned this day trip to Fredricksburg for several weeks. We wanted to go to the Trade days that they have the third weekend of every month.

So my husband, my daughter and me all got up early and hit the road. We agreed that we would enjoy the journey and not just the destination. So we casually drove to Fredricksburg stopping to take pictures along the way, laughing, talking, and singing to the radio. All of us light hearted and enjoying this much needed trip. We stopped about 20 miles before Fredricksburg at a historical marker to try and find one of the geocache sites. (That is hubby's new hobby that I kinda dig too.) Anyway, so I start looking for the box and suddenly I see bones like a rib cage and I dart out of there telling my husband that there is a body back there. Turns out it was a poor deer carcase. My imagination is a little wild sometimes. We never found that geo treasure.
Trade days was fun. Can you believe I only bought a little charm for a necklace? There was so much wonderful stuff; antiques, junk, crafts, art, food, music, and rain. It rained but most of everything was inside barns and the rain just made it cooler. I took these two pics at one ladies junk store-most of her things were outside. For some reason she had all these dolls with no heads everywhere. Then Heather discovered this little collection. Hmmmm-She is either an artsy lady or a little on the morbid side.

We stayed at the Trade days for about 3 hours just looking and taking it all in. We ate lunch there too. Then, we decided to go and try and find some of Craig's geo sites. We looked and looked for two of them but the GPS thingy was getting mixed up with all the trees and the clouds. We finally found one of them and this is hubby proudly holding it up. Ain't he cute?

We drove home, bought chicken, ate dinner and we all got on our computers like we do. Then, shortly after, I went to bed and slept wonderfully reflecting on my beautiful day with my family. It was truly an awesome day~!



Comments

Sarah said…
cool to "meet" another artsy geocacher!

but those doll heads? nooooooooo! I will have nightmares tonight lol
Kim Mailhot said…
Sounds like a great family day ! Very good for what ails ya, ain't it ?!

Love the doll head picture - scary/arty indeed !
Have a super Sunday !
Cheers,
Kim
Anonymous said…
I am so glad y'all had fun! Sounds like a great day!! I love those kind of days. Love you all!! Rhea
Hey Girlie, so glad you had such a great time. The doll heads are kind of weird. Could barely see Heather. And the photo of Craig, it doesn't look like Craig to me, of course the only way I recognized him was the huge muscles! HeeHee! Yes Craig we all go goo-goo ga-ga over your muscles! Can't believe you didn't buy more than a charm!?! Oh well, at least you had fun. Hugs to Heather! Love ya, hope to see you tomorrow! Love, Renea
Anonymous said…
What a wonderful, wonderful day you had! :) Thank you for sharing it with us.

I'm in an ATC swap with the theme "Dark and Deadly Dolls" and I think I just found a terrific source of inspiration!
FAQ said…
Glad I could help Sashibala, if you need the photo I can send it to ya!
CEDAR JUNCTION said…
I am thinking that I need to plan a day trip to Fredericksburg myself! I miss going to Canton. My parents used to live in East Texas and I would plan my visits around First Mondays. Since I live in Deep South Texas, it takes awhile to get anywhere!
Teresa

Popular posts from this blog

Paper Flowers and Fabric Flowers

Well, I'm kind of in a creative funk again. I hate it when this happens! I'm so glad that next weekend I am going to Fredricksberg, TX again to the trade days. I know it will inspire me in all kinds of directions. Meanwhile, while I am trying to get my groove back........I have been making a lot of little short term projects in the paper department. I made this little posey pin from faux vintage post/letters etc papers from the scrapbooking department. I actually wore it yesterday on my jacket. Then I spotted this book on Fabric Flowers by Elizabeth Helene Searle at the fabric store and I had to get it. I used her instructions to make this first fabric flower. I want to try several of her other flowers instructions. Now, what will I do with them? Who knows? Does it really matter if I am enjoying myself? Probably everyone will get fabric or paper flowers for Christmas! Heehee Have a great day.

Melon Burst Pantone Quilt Challenge 2023

I entered my first quilt challenge this year! I was inspired by a friend of mine that had entered this challenge so I decided I would give it a try. The challenge is called Pantone Quilt Challenge 2023 and you can check out all the yummy shades of magenta at #pantonequiltchallenge2023 on Instagram. This challenge is hosted by  Sarah Ruiz of https://saroy.net/ and Elizabeth Ray of https://www.instagram.com/elizabethkray/?hl=en When I learned about the challenge, I headed over to Missouri Star Quilt Company online and purchased the Kona Crush for this piece. I was not sure what I wanted to pair it with for several days until I finally decided on several tones of greens.  So I started out with these pieces. I had always wanted to see how to make the flying geese in a curve. I managed to figure out a way by using wedged pieces in between each "goose"? I have since learned that there is another way by using Foundation Paper Piecing. All the things we learn with each quilt, right

Funky and Proud

Just wanted to say a big thanks to all who responded to the last post. You are all so smart and insightful. I think after much thought and several good conversations with my friends, I feel better about this whole idea. My conclusion, I do many different things that fall under the "mixed media" category...even the jewelry. I have this never ending curiosity and desire to learn new techniques. Whatever I am working on at the moment is satisfying my creative cravings...if not, I don't do it. If I don't enjoy something....I don't do it. It is that simple. The "Funky Art Queen" thing? It occured to me that the people that would be put off by my d.b.a. would be those that most likely would not be drawn to my art in the first place. Thanks again. I just love every one of you. Next blog......not all about me I promise. HUGS