How To Create an Etsy Treasury List and Why You Should Bother
The Etsy Treasury List is just another way to help promote your fellow Etsy Artisian. Then, (even though it is not supposed to be a place for self promotion) hopefully those Etsy friends will return the favor. You can find the "Treasury" button on the home page of Etsy. Just click on it to take a glance at some of the lists. Basically, any Etsy member can create a list but only when the number of lists is below 333. It is really not that hard so I want you to get rid of the fear factor and just dig in.. Here are the steps in their most simple form. Just relax!
1. Turn on your computer (heehee....I'm sorry I could not help myself)
2 Log into Etsy ( You have to be logged in to create a "treasury" list.
3. Click on "Treasury" from the Etsy homepage...it is the second choice on the list...right below "colors".
4. Now, do you see at the top left where it says the number of lists? You can only create a list when the number of lists is below 333.
5. Let's say the number of lists is 420 right now. In order to figure out when the next listing is possible, you have to subtract 333 from 420=87. So you have to wait until 87 of the current lists expire. Too hard?.....NO!
6. Sort all of the lists by expiration dates. Just click on the "expiration" link at the top of the lists. Go to the last one and then count up from the very last entry to number 87. If you will notice, each entry shows the time of expiration. What time does the 87th list expire? If it says 7 hours, then determine what time that will be your time. Hint, each page (except for last page has 20 entries/lists)
7. Be on the computer and Etsy Treasury at that time. Watch while the number of lists goes down below 333. Go down to the bottom of the screen. As soon as the number drops below 333....box opens up for you to type your title of your list. Type it in!
8. Hopefully, you will already have a list of item numbers that you want to list in your treasury. I aways list mine on a little piece of paper before I get the treasury list. Then I am ready to go. Here is a little sketch poster that lets you prepare before you get a list. http://www.etsy.com/poster_sketch.php
9. List all of your chosen items including 3 alternates in case some one sells something on the list.
10. Don't doddle with your list creating, it is timed so that if you don't get it done in time, you won't get your list added to the treasury. It is adequate time for even a dingy broad like me to get it done so don't panic. That is why you should have it prepared (item numbers) before you actually do this.
Now, I realize this may be clear as mud. So, I am going to list another tutorial that i used to help me through this. Keep in mind that the tutorial I'm sending you to says the list limit is 222 but that has been increased to 333. Treasury
Tutorial It may be more helpful. The important thing is that you learn how to do the treasury and not be afraid of it. This is a great place to promote your friends and then you!