I am dedicating this entire week to our Etsy Success. When I say "our", I mean all of my blogger friends and me. I can't remember who, but someone asked me this week, how does one promote their Etsy shop? I can honestly say, I have not promoted my shop that well. I think I have only sold 10 things over a long period. But, I would like to sell more....who wouldn't?
I started out by reading some of the Etsy Success Stories. I read through several of the stories....one of the stores has sold 8500 items. Yikes! I better speed it up! Hee Hee. Anyway, I hope that you will look at the articles too and let me know any points that will help. But here is a quick synopsis of some things I picked up from reading those articles.
- Have a great product that is high quality stuff
- Keep items fresh and list frequently/often
- Quick ship
- Thoughtful packaging....everyone likes to get a present
- Communicate Communicate Communicate
- Add personal touches-personal note every time!
- Interact with Etsy community
- Relist Relist Relist
- Thursdays and Sundays are the busiest nights (according to one of the success story store owners) so try lising on those nights.
I'm thinking we should have calling cards/business cards that have our Etsy address? What else can we do to promote ourselves? This conversation is open to all suggestions. Let's study this and figure out how we can be successful on ETSY. Meanwhile, go and check out my Etsy store! New stuff coming soon.