Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Mixed Media Piece


Let Go! My most recent piece of art on canvas! I used newspaper to create the flowers and gel medium to add them to my textured and layered canvas board. I used a stamped piece of scrapbook paper for the bird and the sun. The sun rays were created with inks and whimsey! Can you see the little skeleton leaves. This was a fun piece! I called it "Let Go" as in Let Go and Let God". That is something I have been working on lately. Hugs to all. More later!

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Wow,yes I can see them. This is a brilliant piece of art, FAQ. You're goooood. xo

rhea said...

Love it! I also think this may be a little letting go of the summer you love so much :-( . I see the leaves and I think this is a great piece! Love you Rhea

kelly said...

Oh, my gosh, this is BEAUTIFUl!!
Love it! I've not done a canvas for collage yet. Any words of wisdom before I try it? I really want to do something like this.

You are awesome!

Kelly

Funky Art Queen said...

thanks Stacey, Kelly and Rhearhea! Kelly, I will talk about collage on canvas sometime this weekend when I blog!

girl_gone_thread_wild said...

What a moving piece, I felt connected even before I read your post...the art piece pulled me in! Letting go is the hard part. Isn't God so great!