"When God Closes a Door.....He Opens a Window". It is such a great saying.....I've always hung on to that idea to help me through really tough times. I am hanging on to that now. My son was just deployed to Afganistan-Baghram to be exact. He is not quite there yet.....but he will be there soon. He has a 6 month assignment there.
I imagine that the "closed door" is our inability to talk to him or see him at our will. The lack of any kind of control in this event makes that door seem tighter and decreases the chances even more of us opening it. So, "closed door=open window". This trip is going to open so many windows for Cody, his wife, and his family. Forgive me for the bullet point list......it is probably more of an exercise for me than anyone else.
- Absence makes the heart grow stronger. Cody's wife is precious...a ray of sunshine and she loves him so much. She is in her first trimester of pregnancy. Cody will get her a few weeks before her due date.
- Cody has dedicated himself to working out and staying in shape as a means to distract himself from the negative pressures in his deployment. He will come back with a six pack of abs!
- Patsy and her sister; Amanda, will bond even more since Amanda's husband is also deploying. This is a window that God wants ....for he loves sisterly love.
- Patsy will grow even stronger because she will have to continue working and experiencing pregnancy without her husband and father of her child until delivery. Cody would so be there if he could be. But, since he can't .....Patsy will develop such strength and endurance.
- Cody's parents will grow stronger and learn to accept that Cody is man and no longer a child.
- Cody's parents will become more active in support of the United States Soldiers who fight for our freedom. We will be part of the solution and not part of the problem. We have already gathered several old discarded cell phones for Phones for Soldiers.