Friday, February 06, 2009

My Friend the Real Queen

Renea and I in Seattle a Few Years Ago


Read about it here.....

Well, this is going to be a little heavy but I will try and keep it light. I know many of you saw Pocket Full of Prettys' post about her moving away. I'm so sad. I have grown so dependent on my dear friend but this is such a wonderful opportunity and a blessing for she and her husband. I know that we will keep in touch and visit each other often but I am still very sad as her leaving draws closer and closer. So, I am taking a little stroll down memory lane. The above photo is just another example of how Renea has always had faith in me and would follow me to Mars if I asked her to for some entrepreneur idea or passion for art or something like that.

Here is another example...
Remember the workshop? She just always drops everything and comes to help me no matter what scheme I am up to. She may have some serious concerns about me but she never tells me that and she just calmly and sweetly joins in and does whatever needs to be done to get through yet another one of my adventures. I always think we are a lot like Lucy and Ethel....guess which one of us is Lucy? Heehee
I love my Renea and my heart is heavy but I am going to be positive and I'm not going to cry again BARRY! Or at least not right now. So there! Love you Renea-you are the really Queen.

6 comments:

Susan said...

I know you will miss her. You two seem to be quite a pair. Take care, Susan

Pocket Full of Prettys said...

Oh Les, I'm crying! I will miss you soooooo much. You always make me laugh & I love that about you. I love how giving & caring you are & how creative you are, and how you always see the kitties, even in mid-sentence or mid-thought. You make my heart smile. You are indeed a TRUE FRIEND and my sister Queen! and I'll always love ya! Love, Renea

Janet said...

I haven't been by for awhile and then to come back and learn about your sad news. But you always have emails and phone calls and such....and you could both get webcams and "talk" to each other. It won't be the same but it might help.

Lisa said...

Dang it! stop it. i'm trying to ignore it and i succeed most of the time. thank goodness we live in the age we do and have blogs, email, unlimited long distance service, planes, trains and automobiles! it was meant to be because everything just fell into place. i'm so happy for her and Barry and it really is all about them and theirs! but i will miss her terribly. friends forever, lisa

arbee said...

I receive my wonderful package today!!! It is awesome... I love the felt bird and have to find the perfect place in my new house for it. :)

So sorry to hear that you'll be missing Renea so much. I know how hard it is to have a friend move away, but at least she's staying in the same state...

Debbie said...

What a sweet post! I'm sad for you both.