"We can do no great things...only small things with great love." Mother Teresa
There it is! Eureka! Ah-Ha! Elation, joy, and excitement, lights flashing, trumpets blowing! I get it! I get it! I finally get it and I'm so exited about this revelation that I can hardly write it down fast enough so that I can share it with you later on my blog.
"It" has been in front of me all this time. My favorite quote, for so many years, has finally revealed to me my truth, my meaning.....the answer to the constant nagging questions burning in my heart.....Will I ever do something great?......Isn't there something far greater that God intended for me to do with my life?
While asking myself these same old questions today, this quote came into my mind very strong. "Small things.....Great love". Boom! It hit me! Stop pushing so hard for that ONE GREAT THING.....that great craft book, the greatest piece of art ever, you get what I mean.
Take every day and every little opportunity to do small things with GREAT LOVE and live your life to the fullest every single day....one day at a time. Every day do little things to make other people happy. Give lovingly of compliments and little recognitions such as birthdays. If you find a particularly heart warming article in a magazine, share it with others. Little things- great love. Do you understand? I believe that if I start trying to live more in the present and for today that the rewards will come through peace in my heart.
I would love to know your thoughts on this. I would love to know if this makes since to you. I would love to know that my journey has had a positive impact on you. Please leave your comments. I love them and cherrish them.
Some small things you can do with Great Love
1. Sneak a sweet note in your spouse's/lover's lunch or book bag
2. Warm up someones bath towel in the dryer while they are showering and hand it to them when they finish showering. It will be a warm and nice surprise!
3. Sign up for a birthday reminder service online (here is one that I use) and start asking your friends and family to sign in or give you their birthdate. You will receive notices. Then....recognize their birthday in some way. It does not have to be an expensive thing.
4. Remember names-Figure out a way.....that makes people feel so good
5. Give compliments freely. If you feel it say it!
6. Copy feel good articles and share them with people that like this sort of thing.
7. Listen-Just stop and listen to someone.....stop talking, make eye contact, and listen and encourage and support....make it about them today....not you!
8. Send a card or letter by snail mail.....email is nice but getting a nice card in your mail box is so tangible and wonderful...Do MAIL ART! OH I HAVE GOT TO DO THAT SOMETIME!!!
9. If you make a cake for your family, take half of it to a neighbor......you don't need all that cake! They will be so happy!
10. Do Gorilla art! Make a little ATC or some kind of art and leave an inspiring message on it and drop it in a public place for someone to pick up. It just might make their day. If you have never heard of gorilla art, google it. It is so cool.
11. I know that times are tough economically but just once try paying for the car behind you at the fast food drive through if you have a little extra and check out the smiles in your rearview mirror.
12. Volunteer for community project.
13. Send another idea to Lesley (Funky Art Queen) on how we can do small things with great love.