Skip to main content

Fishing For Blog Love

I just love all my blog buddies! You all just keep me going. Every single one of you....well with the exception of the occasional weirdo......you know who you are! LOL I just think we are so lucky to live in a world where we can form these wonderful and encouraging relationships. I have to say, if I saw most of you at a store or something....just passed by you....I would not know you. But, if I saw your blog without your banner or just your art even, I would know it was you. I have even spotted some of your work in several magazines. I will just be thumbing through and all of sudden I spot you!!!! I get so excited. I know her! I'm pointing and sometimes jumping up and down......people are looking at me funny. I just had to say that. I appreciate you all!
************************************************

Yesterday was a hard day to start! My husband and I were so worried as we had gone 2 days without hearing from Cody. He would not answer his cell phone, email, texts or anything. My husband was about to have a cow and I was trying to keep him calm and act like he was being silly and overly protective. After all, Cody is a man now. "Let him be....he is probably just having fun with his friends since it is his days off" Then I had to go to Walmart to get away from hubby and have a nervous break-down. Oh, all the things that go through your head. Anyway, long story short, hubby called the AFB that Cody is at, had them go and check on Cody and probably embarrassed him profusely to the point that he will never miss one of our calls again. Cody had been in bed with a little cold and did not hear his phone. Or at least that is what he said. So, hubby calls me and all is well. Well, first I had to have a crying spell (relief). Question-Does it ever get better? Do you ever stop worrying yourself sick about your children. Can we just put one of those little chips in their head like they have for pets now?

Here is my latest piece of art-"GONE FISHING". It is now available on my ETSY.
************************************************************************************
NEWS: Renea (Pocket Full of Prettys) was called out to son and daugther-in-laws yesterday as someone is thinking about making their grand appearance. I can't wait to meet little Kennedy! Keep them in your prayers please.

Comments

Debbie said…
I have two that leave for college next year. I am sure I will be just like you! I'm glad he was OK. And I am excited for Renae too!
SUZAN BUCKNER said…
Whew..glad he was found, and OK!! (KIDS--make you pull your hair out!!)I TRY to think NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS!! (it helps), I also pray constantly for my daughter's protection (She knows EVERYTHING, and SOMETIMES goes days without calling!)Welcome to little Kennedy!! (Another kid to worry about..hehehe)

The funny thing is...I used to go off for days at a time (in the land before cell phones)..and NEVER called home...LOL LOL..you think my parents were worried??? LOL LOL
PennyBlue said…
Love the new piece! Loved catching up on your blog. AND NO you never stop worrying about your kids. Walk in faith and kiss it up to God....and yes, you still worry, but at least I don't feel so alone that way. Cheers and Happy Sunday!
Susan said…
Whew, I'm glad that your story ended well. You know all your blogger buddies love you too. Take care.
No we NEVER stop worring about them! I have one that calls three times a day and stops by...I have another that I see on birthdays and holidays...good thing there is a big family out here so lots of Birthdays!
OK now I'm going over to look at that work program.
Have a very Merry Christmas!
Terisa

Popular posts from this blog

Paper Flowers and Fabric Flowers

Well, I'm kind of in a creative funk again. I hate it when this happens! I'm so glad that next weekend I am going to Fredricksberg, TX again to the trade days. I know it will inspire me in all kinds of directions. Meanwhile, while I am trying to get my groove back........I have been making a lot of little short term projects in the paper department. I made this little posey pin from faux vintage post/letters etc papers from the scrapbooking department. I actually wore it yesterday on my jacket. Then I spotted this book on Fabric Flowers by Elizabeth Helene Searle at the fabric store and I had to get it. I used her instructions to make this first fabric flower. I want to try several of her other flowers instructions. Now, what will I do with them? Who knows? Does it really matter if I am enjoying myself? Probably everyone will get fabric or paper flowers for Christmas! Heehee Have a great day.

Melon Burst Pantone Quilt Challenge 2023

I entered my first quilt challenge this year! I was inspired by a friend of mine that had entered this challenge so I decided I would give it a try. The challenge is called Pantone Quilt Challenge 2023 and you can check out all the yummy shades of magenta at #pantonequiltchallenge2023 on Instagram. This challenge is hosted by  Sarah Ruiz of https://saroy.net/ and Elizabeth Ray of https://www.instagram.com/elizabethkray/?hl=en When I learned about the challenge, I headed over to Missouri Star Quilt Company online and purchased the Kona Crush for this piece. I was not sure what I wanted to pair it with for several days until I finally decided on several tones of greens.  So I started out with these pieces. I had always wanted to see how to make the flying geese in a curve. I managed to figure out a way by using wedged pieces in between each "goose"? I have since learned that there is another way by using Foundation Paper Piecing. All the things we learn with each quilt, right

Funky and Proud

Just wanted to say a big thanks to all who responded to the last post. You are all so smart and insightful. I think after much thought and several good conversations with my friends, I feel better about this whole idea. My conclusion, I do many different things that fall under the "mixed media" category...even the jewelry. I have this never ending curiosity and desire to learn new techniques. Whatever I am working on at the moment is satisfying my creative cravings...if not, I don't do it. If I don't enjoy something....I don't do it. It is that simple. The "Funky Art Queen" thing? It occured to me that the people that would be put off by my d.b.a. would be those that most likely would not be drawn to my art in the first place. Thanks again. I just love every one of you. Next blog......not all about me I promise. HUGS