Friday, November 23, 2007

Eighties Series: JENNY 8675309

This piece is available now on ebay



I wanted to do a series of mixed media pieces inspired by 1980's music. That was my "back in the day"period. So, one of my favorite songs was by Tommy Tutone-867-5309. I imagined a bathroom wall with all this graffiti (like we often see in public bathrooms). I painted this on canvas board with multiple layers, textures, and colors. I used stencils, stamps, pencils and markers. Excuse the language as I was keeping it real.

5 comments:

Stacey said...

I forwarded that link onto my friend Jen, she'll LOVE this! One of my favorites as well, we could have had some fun together!

Funky Art Queen said...

Hey Stacey
We could STILL have fun. Just bring the music and food. We will have fun!

Stacey said...

Oh you'd better believe we can....I love me my bloggie friends! Hey did my friend Jen ask you about your art yet? Email me when you can.

Tina said...

OMGosh..I remember that song like it was yesterday..but then again..they still play it on the 'classic' station...hey? does that mean we are old enough for 'our' music to be classic??? don't like that~
tina

Funky Art Queen said...

Oh hey Tina, we are just classic and cool like that...just go with it. Heehee