Skip to main content

Exploring Funky


I got tagged! This is my first time actually. I always wanted to get tagged. It's kinda like school days when you hoped you would be picked quickly for the Dodge ball or Red Rover-Red Rover game. So, I'm IT!@!!!!!!

Stacey tagged me and here are my answers Ms. Stacey. But first, I must say that some thought has gone into my answers. Mind you, I have a 45 minute drive to and from work every day so I probably have a little too much time to think. Some thoughts about this tagging and revealing about one's self; First, you have to consider how much you want to reveal about yourself. What parts of your self are you willing to share? How much do really want others-(in the internet world) to know about you? What will they think of you? What if you are too boring or to risque or just plain weird? See....I have too much time to think. So, I decided, I would try to be as honest as possible. Those who love me...love me because of who I am. All of my flaws and imperfections. It's all part of the package. So, here I go...

What were you doing 10 years ago?



I was working for a home health company in Big Spring, Texas as a Nurse Case Manager. It was a good company for the most part. My son was all involved in baseball, and both of my kids were in school. I was on call a lot of times and so many times our life was interrupted for me to go and see patients on our services. Everything in those days was about Mama's job. Shew...I don't miss those days/nights. We were a busy little family.


What were you doing 1 year ago?
I was working for a company called Sempercare Hospital...it was a long term acute care facility and it was such a good company and I had such a great boss and CEO.. But, the company was bought out by another company whose name I will not mention because they don't even deserve to have their name mentioned....The transition was not smooth and I did not like what was going on so I found another job with a great little Mom and Pop Home Health company called HomeCare Plus as a marketer which is where I am today!


Five snacks you enjoy:

Chips and Salsa
  • Home Made Chocolate Chip Cookies

  • New: Flour Tortilla Tostitos: Oh Man they are good

  • Chocolate anything

  • chips and guacamole
  • Five Songs You Know All The Lyrics To: Ok this is hard because i know or at least I think I know the lyrics to a lot of songs. I have always listened to music...the radio or stereo has been on all my life. Music is so important to me. There is a song to go with every memory.

    1. Hit me with your best shot: Pat Benatar

    2. R-E-S-P-E-C-T :Aretha Franklin

    3. Wide Open Spaces-Dixie Chicks

    4. My Wish-Rascal Flats-I used this song on a video for my son who recently graduated from highschool

    5. I love Rock and Roll-Joan Jett

    Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
    do.

    1. Take care of my all of my close family members needs first-I can think of so many things I would do for my kids, husband, mother, dad, sisters, grandma. all of them

    2. Give to a program that supports women entrepreneurs who would not have any other means of support. I would want to provide them with education, inspiration, and the financial assistance they needed to bring their dreams to reality.

    3. Take my husband to Ireland and other places we would like to travel to together

    4. I guess this falls under family but I would want to help my son and daughter be financially set for life. I would like to help my son start some kind of business as he is quite the entrepreneur. I would want to help my daughter set up some kind of program to help children with disabilities because she has a special place in her heart for these and abused children.

    5. Me and my husband would retire. I would go everywhere; to include other countries to study art techniques and styles and I would do art whenever and wherever I wanted. FUN!!!!!

    Five bad habits:

    1. chew too much nicotine gum:but at least I don't smoke

    2. talk too much

    3. eat too much sweets and unhealthy foods-lately, I think I have to have ice cream every night.

    4. Cuss like a sailor sometimes.

    5. Procrastinate bills and paperwork and boring stuff like that.

    Five Things You Would Never Wear Again:



    1. knee high lace up mocasins with a Def Leopard Concert T-shirt-

    2. a Bandana for a belt...Not because I have not tried lately! It's just that my waist is not that small anymore

    3. A perm!

    4. A Prom Dress-unless they have proms for old folks

    5. A whole piece bathing suit....I still have fantasies that I will get fit enough to wear a bikini someday....not ready to give that one up-Now if I would just stop eating those chocolate chip cookies...it might could happen..

    Five favorite toys:

    1. My computer

    2. My Dremmel-it has been so handy in my art-it drills, has a wood burner, screws, unscrews, it can do anything!

    3. My Satellite Radio: I have become addicted to the Martha Stewart Station and the eighties station and so many others. I love my satellite (Sirius) radio!!!! It helps me cope with that long drive to and from work.

    4. My digital camera-It's a Kodak and I have it ready at all times

    5. My cell phone-it is my connection to the world when I don't have the internet.

    OK, that is all of my answers. I hope you don't love me any less! HUGS!!!!! Lesley

    Comments

    Stacey said…
    Wow those are good answers! Oh my goodness we could have been great friends in the 80s. Don't quit on the Def shirt...bringing on the heartache is just about the best song EVER sung!

    I quit smoking in November by default (surgery) and STILL want one every single day. Now I need to check into the radio because 80s music is all I seem to want to hear lately--is this mid life? xoxo Stacey
    FAQ said…
    Yes, I'm an eighties girl! I never thought I would be here at this point in my life listening to the "oldies" but...they were good!!!!! Def was my first concert in Lubbock, Texas! Oh what a time we had. Yep...I do belive we are mid-life but hey...since people are living longer maybe it's when we are in our 50's?? Perhaps!!!
    Stacey said…
    Yes yes, that's what we'll shoot for, maybe a midlife in about ten years or so? Once upon a time, that woulda sounded light years away, but now...

    And why yes, FAQ who curses like a sailor (sometimes) I do believe I can hook you up with some of that there garland. Two ply, of course! xo

    Popular posts from this blog

    Paper Flowers and Fabric Flowers

    Well, I'm kind of in a creative funk again. I hate it when this happens! I'm so glad that next weekend I am going to Fredricksberg, TX again to the trade days. I know it will inspire me in all kinds of directions. Meanwhile, while I am trying to get my groove back........I have been making a lot of little short term projects in the paper department. I made this little posey pin from faux vintage post/letters etc papers from the scrapbooking department. I actually wore it yesterday on my jacket. Then I spotted this book on Fabric Flowers by Elizabeth Helene Searle at the fabric store and I had to get it. I used her instructions to make this first fabric flower. I want to try several of her other flowers instructions. Now, what will I do with them? Who knows? Does it really matter if I am enjoying myself? Probably everyone will get fabric or paper flowers for Christmas! Heehee Have a great day.

    Lost Sole Challenge

    childs shoe in front of hs Originally uploaded by Funky Art Queen I'm starting to wonder if I am the only one that sees all these single shoes on the road. This is not the first time I have addressed this isue on my blog . I see at least one single shoe every day on the highway or a street in town. I don't understand where all these shoes come from. Every time I see a shoe on the road, I wonder how it got there.?.....I wonder what story goes with the shoe. If it is a childs shoe like this one, I wonder if a mother is going crazy searching the house for this shoe? Why just one shoe and not the pair of shoes?! I see shoes on the road all the time. They are just not always in the most convenient places for photographing. But, on occasion, these single shoes are in a location that I feel comfortable enough to stop and photograph them. The particular shoe was spotted in front of the Big Spring High School on 11th place. It was late evening in the summer so I felt very comfortable in

    Funky and Proud

    Just wanted to say a big thanks to all who responded to the last post. You are all so smart and insightful. I think after much thought and several good conversations with my friends, I feel better about this whole idea. My conclusion, I do many different things that fall under the "mixed media" category...even the jewelry. I have this never ending curiosity and desire to learn new techniques. Whatever I am working on at the moment is satisfying my creative cravings...if not, I don't do it. If I don't enjoy something....I don't do it. It is that simple. The "Funky Art Queen" thing? It occured to me that the people that would be put off by my d.b.a. would be those that most likely would not be drawn to my art in the first place. Thanks again. I just love every one of you. Next blog......not all about me I promise. HUGS