Monday, July 07, 2008

Mixed Media Art

I want to share a couple of my most recent pieces. I wish that I was a better photographer so that you could see everything at its best. I need to employ my sister Rhea as my photographer as she takes fabulous pictures..and is really good at Macro Photos. Anyway, I want to show you this case that I finally finished. I have been working on it for a while. I called it, "Bloom" and I think it would be a lovely Journaling case or Art Case but really, it could be whatever you wanted it to be.

I painted both sides of this (in very good condition)brief case. The other side just says "bloom where you are planted". Side 2 also has some butterflies that I decoupauged on. I used a high gloss acrylic black paint for the sides of the case and the the tops.

I also want to show you this little shadow box I created with this little wooden box my mother picked up for me at a garage sale. She got a couple of them and this would be the first creation that I have come up with since I got them about a year or more ago.

7 comments:

sashibala said...

I love the "Bloom" case! I especially like the stylized flowers on the front. :-) One of the latches on my hubby's briefcase broke so he got himself a new one (that makes him feel like an international spy for the U.S. because it is silver and metal *giggle*) and he offered me his old one. Perhaps it is worth me getting the latch fixed... (*ponders*)

Funky Art Queen said...

yes, you should, but the funny thing about this one is that it says "property of US Government" on the bottom and my imagination took off. I thought, maybe it belonged to a spy or something. Maybe there is secret compartments? But, my rational self took over. heehee

Carmen said...

Loving the briefcase!!!

Amber said...

You have really been busy. I absolutely love both pieces. Wow. such fun art... thanks for posting the pictures

girl_gone_thread_wild said...

Hey..... government case? You ain't thinking of making your son one of these are ya?

-laughs-

IMAGINE if th emilitary all carried ART cases... what a LOVEly world that would be...

NOT!

keep dreaming, Monica :)

Funky Art Queen said...

Oh Monica, you kill me! I really laughed out loud. Son would kill me! OMG! Yes, that would scare our enemies if they saw all of our boys coming at them with these. heehee

Funky Art Queen said...

And, just in case any US Government people are checking this out.....I got this brief case at a garage sale......really!