Sunday, February 14, 2010

New Look Skirt Pattern 6463


I finished this skirt (New Look # 6463)  today!  It was so very easy that I really feel I should have challenged myself a little more by making view "c" instead of the easier "b" view.  As you can see from the front of the pattern pic below, C has two tiers and that is what I really wanted but I chickened out.  Although I like this skirt, I think I would prefer a smaller ruffle at the bottom like view D (second to last view on pattern front) After completing this one, I feel so confident about doing the harder ones.


I'm so pumped about creating my spring wardrobe.  I really want to use this pattern a few more times to make several different skirts for work.  I'm not completely satisfied with the one I made but I think it is because it seems kind of plain.  I want to try the very last one (view E-the pink one with the ruffle going all the way down).  I really think I can so do that.  Since I have to be outdoors so much in my marketing job, I like to wear skirts to stay cool.  You can put on a nice skirt with a blouse and a pair of sandals and look professional and stay cool.

I have a few other patterns I'm going to conquer soon.  The first one is McCalls M5813.  I love these pants!  They are so bohemian/gypsy!  I bought the fabrics for these pants last week and this is the next pattern I will attack.  Hobby Lobby was having a sale the other day and the McCalls patterns were 1.99 as opposed to 18.95 so I bought two.  Will show you those later, gotta pace myself.  Hugs to my blog friends.  Praying for warm weather soon.

4 comments:

deb did it said...

OK...ooh la la ...these pants are fabrific..can't wait to see yours!!

Diane said...

I'm so jealous--I wish I could sew--you will have a great wardrobe this summer, and different from anyone else--love that skirt!!

Pocket Full of Prettys said...

Love the skirt, can't wait to see the pants! Love ya! Renea

Susan said...

You did a wonderful job. I love to sew. Our local JoAnn's also runs sales on patterns and I always stock up. Hope to see a picture of you in your new skirt. Great job.