Skip to main content

Landscape Artist



Have I told you about my son? My son is quite the landscape artist. He (with some help from his dad) built this awesome (that word is not good enough but it was all I could come up with) pond in our backyard. OMG it is so big and beautiful. My son is an amazing person. Such determination......so many dreams. And his energy! Wow. I know he is going to do something amazing with his life. I can't quite explain my feelings for my son. Sometimes he makes me so mad! Then there are times that he amazes me and I love him so much my heart could burst. I am his mother....I created (with some help from his dad-heehee) him. If I can't ever think of anything I did that was magnificent, I can think of him and his sister; Heather. I am so blessed with beautiful and wonderful children.

Anyway, this pond has been at least a year long project. It has had it's ups and downs and so correlates with our relationship with our son. When he first decided we needed this pond...he started digging, without consulting with Dad or Mom.....just started digging. Then, the fights and anxiety about gas lines, water lines, ugh......the father and son fights---yuk. But he kept digging.....he was determined. I worried he would blow up him, the house, us, everything. But, he kept digging. He is so stuborn and would not hear any suggestions. He needed this to be his project.....it was like he needed to prove something. And prove he did. He proved that going against the grain sometimes pays off. He proved that he can create the most magnificent creations. He proved that he loves his father (and me) so much because I believe he was creating this pond for us. How can I tell him how much I appreciate him.... (tears).


Now, graduation right at our heels (tomorrow) he has started another pond. "Project Number 2". I wonder what life issues will come while he creates this pond? He is going off to college soon. I think he wants to finish it before he goes. It seems like he wants to make his Dad and me as comfortable as possible before he leaves us. I know I sound biased, but have I told you that my son is amazingly mature and grown up for his age. He is everything to me. I love him.

Thank you Cody! I pray that you will recieve all the things in life you hope for. I will always love you! THIS IS THE DAY THE LORD HATH MADE; REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN IT!
Mom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paper Flowers and Fabric Flowers

Well, I'm kind of in a creative funk again. I hate it when this happens! I'm so glad that next weekend I am going to Fredricksberg, TX again to the trade days. I know it will inspire me in all kinds of directions. Meanwhile, while I am trying to get my groove back........I have been making a lot of little short term projects in the paper department. I made this little posey pin from faux vintage post/letters etc papers from the scrapbooking department. I actually wore it yesterday on my jacket. Then I spotted this book on Fabric Flowers by Elizabeth Helene Searle at the fabric store and I had to get it. I used her instructions to make this first fabric flower. I want to try several of her other flowers instructions. Now, what will I do with them? Who knows? Does it really matter if I am enjoying myself? Probably everyone will get fabric or paper flowers for Christmas! Heehee Have a great day.

VILLAGE CLAY WORKS Another Artist Interview

I ran across this wonderful and whimsical artist several weeks ago when her work was featured on Etsy. I have enjoyed looking at her work and I know you will too. Meet Catherine Reece from Northern California. She is a creative woman who has been working in clay for over thirteen years. She was kind enough to let me interview her for this blog. Please enjoy. Tell us about who you are, what do you want to say as a statement about you? My name is Catherine Reece and I live in Dublin, California (just east of Oakland). I am married and a mother of two kids. I have been professionally selling my pottery for 8 years. I was waiting for my husband to graduate from design school and find a job while i worked and played with clay. Over a few years I began to build a small business selling my pottery. MY husband didn't find the job of his dreams and so he joined my in the studio as my partner. Now we make our living as artists selling pottery.I think I am still trying to figure that out. ...

Vintage Findings

My Garage Sale Adventures Yesterday I love Garage Sales. It has become a bit of a habit for me to go to them on Saturday mornings. Do I need anything? NO. Do I know what I am looking for? NO. Do I care? NO! It's the thrill of the hunt! I have to tell you about my findings from yesterdays garage sale adventure. Check out this photo and I will tell you all about it. First, I found the Blue Willow bowl for a quarter. I can't find any cracks or chips. I have always loved blue willow and the story that goes with it. Then, I found the baggy full of vintage jewelry pieces for 50 cents. I went to another garage sale and found the two vintage sewing machines, the little typewriter, and the rotary phone for 12.00! For all of it. The poor sewing machines were covered in dirt, it looks like the owners had left them outside. Poor things. I feel like I rescued them. Isn't that silly? I cleaned them up and posed them for this pic. One will definitely be incorporated into the...