Skip to main content

Happy Little Fabric Houses

Happy Funky Fabric Houses!

I started making these little houses a month or so ago and I really enjoy them. They are just little pieces of fabric art that can be embellished in so many ways. The one pictured above is my most recent. I loved the little fibers hanging off the chiminey on this one.

I love the "house" shape and pictures with houses. I wonder what that means? I think the house shape/pics of houses represent home, safety, security, love, warmth, many many happy things to me. I think these little houses would be cute house warming gifts.

I made one of the little houses a Frida house. I know her house was blue and so I started with that. Then I added several fabric transfers and some letter buttons to spell her name.


Then with Halloween coming, I felt the need to make some Halloween houses. This is the latest one.


Happy Halloween!


All of these houses are available at my Etsy shop today! Go and check them out!

Comments

Cute little Halloween houses. Did you make a lunch bag? Love ya, Renea
Anonymous said…
Cute idea...I love the halloween houses too! Love you, Rhea
Kim Mailhot said…
These houses are fun, funky and oh so homey ! Love the frida one !
Anonymous said…
I looove houses of any kind, dont know why either.. and the way your chimneys sit at an odd angle. Love them. You should give us the dimensions as a teaser to make us click over to your etsy shop..never mind, I am going there now.
Amber said…
I love, love, love the houses.

Popular posts from this blog

Paper Flowers and Fabric Flowers

Well, I'm kind of in a creative funk again. I hate it when this happens! I'm so glad that next weekend I am going to Fredricksberg, TX again to the trade days. I know it will inspire me in all kinds of directions. Meanwhile, while I am trying to get my groove back........I have been making a lot of little short term projects in the paper department. I made this little posey pin from faux vintage post/letters etc papers from the scrapbooking department. I actually wore it yesterday on my jacket. Then I spotted this book on Fabric Flowers by Elizabeth Helene Searle at the fabric store and I had to get it. I used her instructions to make this first fabric flower. I want to try several of her other flowers instructions. Now, what will I do with them? Who knows? Does it really matter if I am enjoying myself? Probably everyone will get fabric or paper flowers for Christmas! Heehee Have a great day.

VILLAGE CLAY WORKS Another Artist Interview

I ran across this wonderful and whimsical artist several weeks ago when her work was featured on Etsy. I have enjoyed looking at her work and I know you will too. Meet Catherine Reece from Northern California. She is a creative woman who has been working in clay for over thirteen years. She was kind enough to let me interview her for this blog. Please enjoy. Tell us about who you are, what do you want to say as a statement about you? My name is Catherine Reece and I live in Dublin, California (just east of Oakland). I am married and a mother of two kids. I have been professionally selling my pottery for 8 years. I was waiting for my husband to graduate from design school and find a job while i worked and played with clay. Over a few years I began to build a small business selling my pottery. MY husband didn't find the job of his dreams and so he joined my in the studio as my partner. Now we make our living as artists selling pottery.I think I am still trying to figure that out. ...

Vintage Findings

My Garage Sale Adventures Yesterday I love Garage Sales. It has become a bit of a habit for me to go to them on Saturday mornings. Do I need anything? NO. Do I know what I am looking for? NO. Do I care? NO! It's the thrill of the hunt! I have to tell you about my findings from yesterdays garage sale adventure. Check out this photo and I will tell you all about it. First, I found the Blue Willow bowl for a quarter. I can't find any cracks or chips. I have always loved blue willow and the story that goes with it. Then, I found the baggy full of vintage jewelry pieces for 50 cents. I went to another garage sale and found the two vintage sewing machines, the little typewriter, and the rotary phone for 12.00! For all of it. The poor sewing machines were covered in dirt, it looks like the owners had left them outside. Poor things. I feel like I rescued them. Isn't that silly? I cleaned them up and posed them for this pic. One will definitely be incorporated into the...