Skip to main content

Transparencies in Art


I have been working with transparencies to incorporate images in my art. Last night, I finally came up with something I like!! Now, I'm going crazy printing transparencies. I like this whole black/white/lime green combination. I'm thinking about redoing Cody's room in this color scheme.
Print on your transparencies according to your directions. Let the transparency dry and cut it out and use adhesive spray (outside) it is so strong. Spray the back of your transparencies and add them to your prepared canvas. Add, embellish, paint over, go CRAZY~

Comments

Ikle.Kaiy said…
hello texas from the isle of man(Irish sea(uk))!! i like your work it looks exellent. Just im not brave enough to go further than what i know. We didn't do much in the ways of Mixed Media's, but what i did do was alot of collaging. Mostly for posters and things not for fine art.

If you are up for it have a nose at what I'm up to. It's very different but its always worth a peek.
Im trying to get my work out into the world. because im too shy to say words.. only to type them.

Kaiy
FAQ said…
Thanks ikle.kaiy! Just let your art speak for you girlie! I'm not the best with words either but I find it easy to say what i mean in my creative journal or with my art...no rules! Thanks for your comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Paper Flowers and Fabric Flowers

Well, I'm kind of in a creative funk again. I hate it when this happens! I'm so glad that next weekend I am going to Fredricksberg, TX again to the trade days. I know it will inspire me in all kinds of directions. Meanwhile, while I am trying to get my groove back........I have been making a lot of little short term projects in the paper department. I made this little posey pin from faux vintage post/letters etc papers from the scrapbooking department. I actually wore it yesterday on my jacket. Then I spotted this book on Fabric Flowers by Elizabeth Helene Searle at the fabric store and I had to get it. I used her instructions to make this first fabric flower. I want to try several of her other flowers instructions. Now, what will I do with them? Who knows? Does it really matter if I am enjoying myself? Probably everyone will get fabric or paper flowers for Christmas! Heehee Have a great day.

VILLAGE CLAY WORKS Another Artist Interview

I ran across this wonderful and whimsical artist several weeks ago when her work was featured on Etsy. I have enjoyed looking at her work and I know you will too. Meet Catherine Reece from Northern California. She is a creative woman who has been working in clay for over thirteen years. She was kind enough to let me interview her for this blog. Please enjoy. Tell us about who you are, what do you want to say as a statement about you? My name is Catherine Reece and I live in Dublin, California (just east of Oakland). I am married and a mother of two kids. I have been professionally selling my pottery for 8 years. I was waiting for my husband to graduate from design school and find a job while i worked and played with clay. Over a few years I began to build a small business selling my pottery. MY husband didn't find the job of his dreams and so he joined my in the studio as my partner. Now we make our living as artists selling pottery.I think I am still trying to figure that out. ...

Vintage Findings

My Garage Sale Adventures Yesterday I love Garage Sales. It has become a bit of a habit for me to go to them on Saturday mornings. Do I need anything? NO. Do I know what I am looking for? NO. Do I care? NO! It's the thrill of the hunt! I have to tell you about my findings from yesterdays garage sale adventure. Check out this photo and I will tell you all about it. First, I found the Blue Willow bowl for a quarter. I can't find any cracks or chips. I have always loved blue willow and the story that goes with it. Then, I found the baggy full of vintage jewelry pieces for 50 cents. I went to another garage sale and found the two vintage sewing machines, the little typewriter, and the rotary phone for 12.00! For all of it. The poor sewing machines were covered in dirt, it looks like the owners had left them outside. Poor things. I feel like I rescued them. Isn't that silly? I cleaned them up and posed them for this pic. One will definitely be incorporated into the...