UPDATE!!! SEPTEMBER 27TH, 2007
I just spoke with Kim on the telephone and she told me about the huge hearts of Kim's family and friends. Oh goodness! They did not need my little blog to ask for help. They just got to it. All kinds of things are happening to help out Kim, Catelyn and this wonderful family. Words can't describe the goosebumps on my arms and the warmness in my heart. All I can think of is how Brother Patrick (our minister a while back) used to say "ain't God good?".
Those of you that really know me, know that I am an honest person and that my heart is good. I love my friends and family and I would do anything for them. So, that being said, I want to ask for your assistance. I have a friend whose daughter is going to have to undergo surgery to remove one of her kidneys that the doctors say is basically "dead". The young girl is covered under insurance but it is one of those yukky insurances that hardly helps at all. This is going to be a great hardship and she needs all the help she can get. She is a single, hard working, Christian mother. I want to ask for your help. We can all help her. If you would like to pledge some money or commit to a fundraiser...just let me or kim know.
Don't they say it takes a village to raise a child. Well, now we need the village to come together to help this young lady. We will have this girl all set for surgery. So, I am going to pray about this tonight, that your hearts will be touched and you will send the money to me in care of Kim's daughter. I don't have any evil intentions for myself and the money will go directly to Kim. I will list your names on this blog entry as the money arrives so we can keep up with the donations. We already have one donation...so 99 more to go.
- Lesley Chandler-20.00
- Mary Beaver-20.00-Thanks so much!
- Heather Chandler 20.00-
- The Bivins Family-100.00 dollars! WOW! That is AWSOME!!!!! THANKS SO MUCH!
- Marisa Lopez- $20.00-Thanks sweetie! Love you friend!
- Mandy and Judy-this is Catelyn's best friend and her mother- pledged $1000.00!!!!! Another WOW-and more goosebumps.
- Terry Anderson-Pledged $1000.00
- Nadine Hill-is pledging to sponsor a fundraiser
- Angel Dutchover-my dear friend and "angel" $20.00-thanks so much
- Rhea and Jesse Calvert-My sister-20.00-THANKS SISSY
- LuANN Webber-Saddleridge Activity Director-$40.00-thanks Lu!!!
- Lynn A. Lynn-20.00
- Graham Montgomery-20.00
- Sam Field-20.00
- Danny and Billie Fryar-a Whopping $500.00-Thanks So Much!
- Tammy Diamond (Cousin of the family) Pledged 40.00
- Jim and Anita Diamond-$100.00-
There are several more pledges going on as in fundraisers, benefit tournaments, etc. I'm just so excited. Thanks to everyone. I will update frequently. Mark this link as a favorite so you can check back. Here is the direct link All you have to do is email me to make a committment- email@example.comHere is my address if you are so moved. Or, just take the money to Kim or Catelyn.
Big Spring Texas 79720