Saturday, June 30, 2007
This is my last weekend for Cody to be here before he is off to college. We are going to take him out to eat tonight for a special-family dinner. I don't know how I will cope with his absence but I imagine it will all work out. I just pray he will be safe and make good decisions and stick to his studies so he can accomplish his dreams. Lately, I have been worrying about how hubby and me are going to cope with so much time together! Last night we were talking about how we need a hobby both of us would enjoy together. Hmmmmm-like my sister and her husband both enjoy antique hunting and gathering. My husband is Mr Sports guy and the pond/landscape guru. Me, well it is all about art and crafts. We both enjoy traveling but that does take a certain amount of $ which we are not real endowed with at this time. So...think, think. Last night he suggested fishing. Hmmmmm-I like it ok but like I told him. We both have obsessive personalities, how can one obsess about fishing? I'm just brainstorming here. Maybe since we both dream of traveling, we could read up and learn and plan and save about our next trip? I think that is a good idea. I will throw that at him when he gets up. Have a happy Saturday!
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
When I saw this fabric-(it came like this all pieced together) I knew I had to have it for something. It would also make a lovely Funky purse.
I'm still on my fabric craze! I finished Heather's purse last night. I'm working on my dear friend Renea's birthday present now. So, as usual, I have plenty to do in the art/craft world. But, I love it! I have been reading the Belle Armoire magazine (Art to Wear)and I found a new magazine (new to me) called "Creative Techniques". I can flip through these eye candy magazines over and over-oh so many great ideas.
One more thing before I go and get beautimus for work! TGIF!!!!! I have to tell you I was given a Rockin' Girl Blogger award by my friend stacey. I am honored and I would like to thank everyone who came here tonight to show their support.......oh, sorry, I got carried away.
Monday, June 25, 2007
I'm sure they were always there and this phenomenon is not new, but for the last few years I have begun to notice many, many single shoes lying on the highways, city streets, and neighborhood roads. One shoe in the middle of the road. There are big, dirty, worn out, man looking shoes. Then, there are the tiny, toddler looking shoes. Children's shoes are often what I see. That causes me to think of the frantic mother looking all over the house in the morning to get that kid to school or daycare. Funny how I don't recall seeing any women's stylish shoes. Perhaps that is because women cherish their shoes.
When I see these shoes, I wonder how they got there. Did someone open the car door to shut it better and it fell out? Or did a toddler throw it out the window when mother was not looking? Did it fall out of the back of a truck or travel trailer/boat. Why is there always just one? Why don't both shoes end up together? I know this is strange, but I think I may be on to some kind of strange phenomenon. Have you ever noticed this? Remember, if you do notice this in the near future, snap a photo and send it to me as I am starting a collection. What for? Why not?
Here is a picture of my first photo (not my first sighting) of a single shoe on the road, discovered today on a neighborhood street by my home.
I'm gonna start a flickr group on this subject albeit a lonely one and see what happens. Remember to always keep that camera ready. You never know when you will see a Lost Sole. Come and join this group at Flickr! It is called "Lost Sole" and add your pics.
Saturday, June 23, 2007
This of course is the front of the skirt. I finally finished it this morning. See, it pays to get up early. I always get so much done in the morning when everyone else is still in bed. First, I get the dogs out, start the coffee, let the dogs in, sip my coffee and I start eye balling all my projects to decide which one I feel like working on. I had already determined that I would get this skirt done this weekend. I also plan to finish Heather's purse and my little placemat project. Oh, and my friend, Renea, said she would not mind getting one of my funky purses for her birthday in July so I better start that project. So, it looks like it will be a fabric art type of weekend. Things could change though! ( I like to add that clause in case my interests change as they so often do.
Here is the back and a close up of the Frida Kahlo skirt;
NOw I have to brag about my husband. He got me the best present ever for Christmas this year. He got me a satelite radio with serius. I love listening to it so much on my way to work and home every day. I have many favorite stations but my all time favorite is the Martha Stewart Station. I listen to "Whatever with Alexis and Jennifer"every afternoon from 4-6pm. Then in the morning there is always some cooking, craft, gardening, etc show that I just enjoy so much. So, long story short, I thought it would be cool to have some kind of way to listen to the satellite radio in the house. I assigned my husband to figure that out yesterday via telephone and before I even got home, he was calling me to tell me he bought this little unit I could plug in my satellite radio to inside. So, I have been listening to 80's Station and Martha all morning while arting away. OH, I'm a spoiled brat...huh?
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
I did give myself one of the funky purses because...I could not sell it. I started carrying it the other day and I've enjoyed it! It makes me feel like some kind of hippie! I think I must have some hippie in me anyway. Who cares?!!!
Anyway, about the skirt. I took the leg seams out of some of my husbands discarded Polo jeans and added fabric in the v in the front. Of course it is wild and funky fabric. Then I added appliques, embroidery, transfers and all kinds of embellishments. I will add a pic when it is completely done. I still have to add some embellishment to the back pockets and sew the hem. Can't wait to show it to you. Meanwhile, I am thinking of another idea for a fabric project. I want to do some kind of altered/personalized placemats for the dining area. But I have to buy some fabric and I don't want to spend any money right now. I will keep you posted on that!
Monday, June 18, 2007
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
Stacey tagged me and here are my answers Ms. Stacey. But first, I must say that some thought has gone into my answers. Mind you, I have a 45 minute drive to and from work every day so I probably have a little too much time to think. Some thoughts about this tagging and revealing about one's self; First, you have to consider how much you want to reveal about yourself. What parts of your self are you willing to share? How much do really want others-(in the internet world) to know about you? What will they think of you? What if you are too boring or to risque or just plain weird? See....I have too much time to think. So, I decided, I would try to be as honest as possible. Those who love me...love me because of who I am. All of my flaws and imperfections. It's all part of the package. So, here I go...
What were you doing 10 years ago?
What were you doing 1 year ago?
I was working for a company called Sempercare Hospital...it was a long term acute care facility and it was such a good company and I had such a great boss and CEO.. But, the company was bought out by another company whose name I will not mention because they don't even deserve to have their name mentioned....The transition was not smooth and I did not like what was going on so I found another job with a great little Mom and Pop Home Health company called HomeCare Plus as a marketer which is where I am today!
Five snacks you enjoy:
Five Songs You Know All The Lyrics To: Ok this is hard because i know or at least I think I know the lyrics to a lot of songs. I have always listened to music...the radio or stereo has been on all my life. Music is so important to me. There is a song to go with every memory.
- Hit me with your best shot: Pat Benatar
- R-E-S-P-E-C-T :Aretha Franklin
- Wide Open Spaces-Dixie Chicks
- My Wish-Rascal Flats-I used this song on a video for my son who recently graduated from highschool
- I love Rock and Roll-Joan Jett
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
- Take care of my all of my close family members needs first-I can think of so many things I would do for my kids, husband, mother, dad, sisters, grandma. all of them
- Give to a program that supports women entrepreneurs who would not have any other means of support. I would want to provide them with education, inspiration, and the financial assistance they needed to bring their dreams to reality.
- Take my husband to Ireland and other places we would like to travel to together
- I guess this falls under family but I would want to help my son and daughter be financially set for life. I would like to help my son start some kind of business as he is quite the entrepreneur. I would want to help my daughter set up some kind of program to help children with disabilities because she has a special place in her heart for these and abused children.
- Me and my husband would retire. I would go everywhere; to include other countries to study art techniques and styles and I would do art whenever and wherever I wanted. FUN!!!!!
Five bad habits:
- chew too much nicotine gum:but at least I don't smoke
- talk too much
- eat too much sweets and unhealthy foods-lately, I think I have to have ice cream every night.
- Cuss like a sailor sometimes.
- Procrastinate bills and paperwork and boring stuff like that.
Five Things You Would Never Wear Again:
- knee high lace up mocasins with a Def Leopard Concert T-shirt-
- a Bandana for a belt...Not because I have not tried lately! It's just that my waist is not that small anymore
- A perm!
- A Prom Dress-unless they have proms for old folks
- A whole piece bathing suit....I still have fantasies that I will get fit enough to wear a bikini someday....not ready to give that one up-Now if I would just stop eating those chocolate chip cookies...it might could happen..
Five favorite toys:
- My computer
- My Dremmel-it has been so handy in my art-it drills, has a wood burner, screws, unscrews, it can do anything!
- My Satellite Radio: I have become addicted to the Martha Stewart Station and the eighties station and so many others. I love my satellite (Sirius) radio!!!! It helps me cope with that long drive to and from work.
- My digital camera-It's a Kodak and I have it ready at all times
- My cell phone-it is my connection to the world when I don't have the internet.
OK, that is all of my answers. I hope you don't love me any less! HUGS!!!!! Lesley
Wednesday, June 06, 2007